This social story teaches kids about taking turns and sharing and includes:
- A reminder that sometimes you get to go first and sometimes you do not
- How you might feel when it's not your turn
- What to say when others are taking their turn or when your friend shares with you
- How to ask for a turn
- How you might feel when your friend shares with you
- What your friends might say when you ask for a turn
- How to ask a friend if they would like a turn
- How you or your friends might feel when you don't take turns or share
- Why it's important to take turns and share
Total pages: 11 pages
Like all social stories I write, full color photographs of real children are used instead of clipart. In my experience, full color photos are more relatable to autistic children, like my son, than clipart. Diverse children are included as much as possible so that every child feels represented. Written scripts are also given where needed to help provide the child with the language they need to be successful in the given social scenario.
**This is a digital product that you can download immediately after purchase.**
*UPGRADE & SAVE!* Get this social story as part of the Playtime Social Story Bundle.
Taking Turns Social Story
I like the clear put language. I wish the print were larger but the fact that this is print and go makes it pretty easy to use. Thanks for creating this and sharing :-)
Great social stories with real-life pictures!!!
The students really engaged during the social story and was able to engage in back and forth exchange regarding Taking Turns!
Perfect! Very happy