This social story teaches kids about going on a play date at a friend's house and includes:
- What to do when you arrive at your friend's house
- Who is in charge when you're at your friend's house
- What to say when you want to play with your friend's toys
- A reminder to play and talk with the friend and not just play with their toys or ignore them
- A reminder to be gentle with your friend's toys so they don't get broken
- Snack time reminders
- What to say during snack time if you don't want a certain snack or you want more of something
- How you might feel at the end of the play date
- A reminder to help clean up at the end of the play date
- What to say when it's time to go
Like all social stories I write, full color photographs of real children are used instead of clipart. In my experience, full color photos are more relatable to autistic children, like my son, than clipart. Diverse children are included as much as possible so that every child feels represented. Written scripts are also given where needed to help provide the child with the language they need to be successful in the given social scenario.
**This is a digital product that you can download immediately after purchase.**
*UPGRADE & SAVE!* Get this social story as part of the Playtime Social Story Bundle.