This social story teaches kids about recess time at school and includes:
- Why recess is good for you
- When to know it's recess time
- What to do when the recess bell rings and how to get ready to play outside
- What you can do or play during recess
- A reminder to share and take turns during recess
- A reminder that playground rules keep you and others safe
- What to say when you want to ask a friend to play with you
- What to do if you need to go to the bathroom or need a drink of water
- What to do if you get hurt during recess
- What to do if you see someone being a bully
- What to do when recess is over
- A reminder to put belongings away after recess
Total pages: 17 pages
Like all social stories I write, full color photographs of real children are used instead of clipart. In my experience, full color photos are more relatable to autistic children, like my son, than clipart. Diverse children are included as much as possible so that every child feels represented. Written scripts are also given where needed to help provide the child with the language they need to be successful in the given social scenario.
**This is a digital product that you can download immediately after purchase.**
*UPGRADE & SAVE!* Get this social story as part of the Playtime Social Story Bundle.
The real life pictures helped my student relate it to his day.
This social story was very thorough and covered all aspects of recess for my student.