This social story teaches kids about why they might need to be flexible while playing and includes:
- A reminder that everyone might enjoy playing different ways
- A definition of what being flexible means
- Why it can be hard to be flexible
- Why it's important to be flexible while playing
- How to stay calm even if being flexible makes you feel uncomfortable
- The benefits of being flexible while playing
- What to do when neither you or your friend are being flexible
Total pages: 12 pages
Like all social stories I write, full color photographs of real children are used instead of clipart. In my experience, full color photos are more relatable to autistic children, like my son, than clipart. Diverse children are included as much as possible so that every child feels represented. Written scripts are also given where needed to help provide the child with the language they need to be successful in the given social scenario.
**This is a digital product that you can download immediately after purchase.**
*UPGRADE & SAVE!* Get this social story as part of the Playtime Social Story Bundle.
Used this in one on one support sessions and my students loved it!
Very well written social story! So very useful and helped target some of my students' IEP goals!
Good resource for young students