This social story teaches kids about when to think it vs when to say it and includes:
- A reminder that sometimes your honest thoughts may hurt others' feelings
- Affirmation that it can sometimes be tricky to figure out when to think it vs say it
- When it's okay to say a thought out loud and why
- When it's not okay to say a thought out loud and why
- Examples of thoughts to think vs say
- An explanation that sometimes you can say some things out loud, but only to certain people or depending on how it is phrased
- What to do when you are unsure if you should say it out loud
Like all social stories I write, full color photographs of real children are used instead of clipart. In my experience, full color photos are more relatable to autistic children, like my son, than clipart. Diverse children are included as much as possible so that every child feels represented. Written scripts are also given where needed to help provide the child with the language they need to be successful in the given social scenario.
**This is a digital product that you can download immediately after purchase.**
*UPGRADE & SAVE!* Get this social story as part of the Conversation Skills Social Story Bundle.