This social story teaches kids about how to take care of library books. An editable Google Slides version is included so you can customize the story to fit your needs. This story covers:
- Why it's important to take care of library books you borrow
- Discusses keeping the books dry
- Why you should use a bookmark
- Talks about not drawing in books and what to do instead
- Talks about handling books when your hands are clean
- Why it's important to turn the pages gently
- How to prevent library books from being misplaced or lost, both at home or on the go
- Mentions keeping track of the due date
- Why it's important to return books on time
- What to do if a book you borrowed is damaged
Total pages: 16 pages
Like all social stories I write, full color photographs of real children are used instead of clipart. In my experience, full color photos are more relatable to autistic children, like my son, than clipart. Diverse children are included as much as possible so that every child feels represented.
**This is a digital product that you can download immediately after purchase.**
*UPGRADE & SAVE!* Get this social story as part of the Library Time Social Story Bundle.