This social story teaches kids about storytime at the library. An editable Google Slides version is included so you can customize the story to fit your needs. This story covers:
- What to expect during storytime
- A reminder that it's okay to take a break and what to say when you need one
- How to find the storytime room
- Where to sit during storytime as well as different seating options
- Mentions welcome and goodbye songs as part of storytime
- Describes different activities that are part of storytime, such as singing a welcome song and reading books, and that each time you go it might be different
- What to do if it gets too loud or noisy
- Discusses transitions after storytime
Total pages: 18 pages
Like all social stories I write, full color photographs of real children are used instead of clipart. In my experience, full color photos are more relatable to autistic children, like my son, than clipart. Diverse children are included as much as possible so that every child feels represented. Written scripts are also given where needed to help provide the child with the language they need to be successful in the given social scenario.
**This is a digital product that you can download immediately after purchase.**
*UPGRADE & SAVE!* Get this social story as part of the Library Time Social Story Bundle.