This social story teaches kids about how to start a conversation and includes:
- Why it's good to start conversations with others
- How to approach someone to have a conversation with
- A reminder about how to position your body and to get the other person's attention
- Examples of how you can get the person's attention before talking
- A reminder not to interrupt and to wait your turn
- Ideas for different ways to start a conversation
Like all social stories I write, full color photographs of real children are used instead of clipart. In my experience, full color photos are more relatable to autistic children, like my son, than clipart. Diverse children are included as much as possible so that every child feels represented. Written scripts are also given where needed to help provide the child with the language they need to be successful in the given social scenario.
**This is a digital product that you can download immediately after purchase.**
*UPGRADE & SAVE!* Get this social story as part of the Conversation Skills Social Story Bundle.