This social story teaches kids about nicknames and name-calling and includes:
- Fill-in-the-blank sections for you to write your name and your favorite nicknames
- A reminder that it is you that gets to decide which nicknames can be used for yourself
- A definition and description of what name-calling is
- Written script of what to say when someone calls you a name you don't like
- What to do when someone keeps calling you a name you don't like
- Written script of what to say when someone gives you a nickname you like
- What to do when you think of a nickname for a friend and how to know if you can use it or not
Like all social stories I write, full color photographs of real children are used instead of clipart. In my experience, full color photos are more relatable to autistic children, like my son, than clipart. Diverse children are included as much as possible so that every child feels represented. Written scripts are also given where needed to help provide the child with the language they need to be successful in the given social scenario.
**This is a digital product that you can download immediately after purchase.**
*UPGRADE & SAVE!* Get this social story as part of the Conversation Skills Social Story Bundle.
My students enjoyed using this story.
Explicit stories with real pictures are always helpful.
Nice resource for students struggling with nicknames.