This social story teaches kids about lying and includes:
- A definition of what lying is
- Reasons why people might tell a lie
- Why some lies are okay and some lies are not okay with examples
- How telling a lie may cause you to end up in even more trouble than if you told the truth in the first place
- A definition of white lies
- Why white lies can be okay to tell
- How to know when it's okay to tell a lie and when it's not
- What happens if you tell a lot of lies
- Why it's important to tell the truth as much as possible
Like all social stories I write, full color photographs of real children are used instead of clipart. In my experience, full color photos are more relatable to autistic children, like my son, than clipart. Diverse children are included as much as possible so that every child feels represented. Written scripts are also given where needed to help provide the child with the language they need to be successful in the given social scenario.
**This is a digital product that you can download immediately after purchase.**
*UPGRADE & SAVE!* Get this social story as part of the Conversation Skills Social Story Bundle.