These handouts are designed to give you an overview of hyperlexia, echolalia, and gestalt processing and cover the following topics:
- What is hyperlexia? and signs of hyperlexia
- What is echolalia? and types of echolalia
- Functions of echolalia
- Echolalia modeling tips
- Gestalt processing overview
- Comparison of analytic and gestalt language processing
- Stages of natural language acquisition
- Overivew of hyperlexia, echolalia, and gestalt processing
- Overview of things about hyperlexia that make more sense when you know about gestalt processing and echolalia
- Hyperlexia, echolalia, and gestalt processing references page
Parents can use these to educate others on hyperlexia. Therapists or other professionals can use these to share with parents after identifying a child as hyperlexic.
You'll also receive a bonus echolalia tracking sheet (both printable and digital).
**This is a digital product that you can download immediately after purchase.**
This was very helpful to give to parents as a resource
These are great! I love using these to explain to parents some of the ways their child is learning language so that they have a sense of how we can support them.
This is so helpful for parents, teachers, and SLP's.
These are really clear, informative, and parent-friendly! They are a great reference tool for during IEP meetings.
Thank you, I use this with my gestalt language processing handbook!