This social story teaches kids about how to greet others and includes:
- A definition of what a greeting is
- A reminder that it's polite to greet others
- Why we greet other people
- Written scripts for how to greet people
- Alternative ways to greet people
- Reminders about rules regarding voice volume, body positioning, and eye contact when greeting others
- What to do after greeting someone
- Written scripts for how to respond when people say hello to you
Total pages: 14 pages
Like all social stories I write, full color photographs of real children are used instead of clipart. In my experience, full color photos are more relatable to autistic children, like my son, than clipart. Diverse children are included as much as possible so that every child feels represented. Written scripts are also given where needed to help provide the child with the language they need to be successful in the given social scenario.
**This is a digital product that you can download immediately after purchase.**
I love social stories and this one was perfect to use with some of my younger and older kids
This resource was exactly what I needed. It was fun and engaging and very easy to follow. Thanks for the wonderful resource!
Great thank you :)
Love this social story for introducing greetings!
My students loved this!