This social story teaches kids about visiting the library. An editable Google Slides version is included so you can customize the story to fit your needs. This story covers:
- A brief overview of what a library is
- Describes different things you can do in a library besides checking out books
- Mentions that there are signs to help you find what you need
- Discusses searching for books using the computer
- Discusses hold requests
- Talks about borrowing periods and limits
- Talks about library cards
- Describes how to check out books, including using a self-checkout scanner
- Mentions that it's important to take care of the library materials when you borrow them
- Talks about due dates and book renewals
- Discusses returning books and return slots
Total pages: 23 pages
Like all social stories I write, full color photographs of real children are used instead of clipart. In my experience, full color photos are more relatable to autistic children, like my son, than clipart. Diverse children are included as much as possible so that every child feels represented.
**This is a digital product that you can download immediately after purchase.**
*UPGRADE & SAVE!* Get this social story as part of the Library Time Social Story Bundle.