A printable calming strategies toolkit designed to grow with your child!
Helping your kids learn self-regulation skills has been proven over and over to be beneficial. This printable calming strategies toolkit is the perfect way to help kids explore their emotions, develop self-regulation and coping skills, manage and reflect on their emotions, identify their emotions, and more as they grow.
Here are the 10 different resources that are included:
- I am a Calm Down Hero Calming Strategies Story - A story that teaches kids a variety of calming strategies as they count their way backwards from ten to zero
- Calming Strategies Workbook - This workbook allows kids to reflect on how they managed their big emotions, explore their ideal coping strategies, and more
- Journal Prompts - These prompts will have the kids writing about their different emotions
- Feelings Chart - The kids can decorate and label their own feelings chart and then use it to rate their feelings on a scale of one to five
- Numbers Coloring Book - Coloring is a great way to reduce anxiety and stress
- Emotion Drawing Book - A great way to practice identifying and exploring emotions, as well as concepts like pronouns
- Calm Down Hero Posters x 6 - Hang them up in your classroom or your child's bedroom to encourage them to be a calm down hero on their own
- I Spy Game - A perfect game to include in a calm down kit
- Matching Game - Another game to include in a calm down kit
- Positive Affirmations Coloring Book - Let your kids color and put together their own book of positive affirmations that will empower them to be their own calm down hero - pick the affirmations that suit them best and assemble into a book accordingly
**This is a digital product that you can download immediately after purchase.**
This is a fabulous resource. I have several students I have used this with that it has become their go to book when they begin to misbehave. We use it in the morning a a reminder social story to start their day and then read it any time we believe they are starting to show sign of getting "off track" and then after they have had a meltdown as part of their calmdown/re-entry processing back to what they were doing. It is wonderful. The extra materials that go with the book are great as well. We keep those in the student's task drawers and rotate them through with their other task as another way to remind them about being a Calm Down Hero. Thank you for this wonderful resource. I tell people about this resource all the time.
Fun visual for helping clients calm!
I loved using this toolkit with my PreK kiddos! It was an easy reference to post in our calm down spot and the kids really enjoyed practicing from their toolbox everyday.