This social story teaches kids about being polite and includes:
- A definition of polite
- Examples of how to be polite
- Photos of some common manners in ASL sign language (please, thank you, and sorry)
- What to say when you ask for something
- What to say when you receive something you've asked for
- What to say when you need someone to move
- How being a good friend means being polite and using manners
Like all social stories I write, full color photographs of real children are used instead of clipart. In my experience, full color photos are more relatable to autistic children, like my son, than clipart. Diverse children are included as much as possible so that every child feels represented. Written scripts are also given where needed to help provide the child with the language they need to be successful in the given social scenario.
**This is a digital product that you can download immediately after purchase.**
*UPGRADE & SAVE!* Get this social story as part of the Conversation Skills Social Story Bundle.