This social story teaches kids about how to answer the telephone and includes:
- How to know when to answer the phone
- What to say when you first pick up the phone
- A reminder to wait after saying hello
- What to say when the person on the phone asks to speak to someone else
- What to say when the person on the phone asks to speak to someone who is currently busy or not home
- How to take a message
- What to say when the person on the phone asks to speak to you
- A definition of a telemarketer
- What to say when the person on the phone is a telemarketer
- How to end a phone conversation
Like all social stories I write, full color photographs of real children are used instead of clipart. In my experience, full color photos are more relatable to autistic children, like my son, than clipart. Diverse children are included as much as possible so that every child feels represented. Written scripts are also given where needed to help provide the child with the language they need to be successful in the given social scenario.
**This is a digital product that you can download immediately after purchase.**
*UPGRADE & SAVE!* Get this social story as part of the Conversation Skills Social Story Bundle.