This social story teaches kids about accepting no as an answer and includes:
- Possible ways for people to respond when I ask for something: yes or no
- Explanations for why people might say no
- A reminder that it's okay to feel sad or upset when someone says no
- A reminder to stay calm even when upset
- Some coping strategies to use when upset
- A reminder that you can ask for an explanation to understand why the person said no
Like all social stories I write, full color photographs of real children are used instead of clipart. In my experience, full color photos are more relatable to autistic children, like my son, than clipart. Diverse children are included as much as possible so that every child feels represented. Written scripts are also given where needed to help provide the child with the language they need to be successful in the given social scenario.
**This is a digital product that you can download immediately after purchase.**
*UPGRADE & SAVE!* Get this social story as part of the Conversation Skills Social Story Bundle.