This social story teaches kids about accepting criticism and includes:
- A reminder that you are good at some things and not so good at other things yet
- A definition of criticism
- How criticism might make you feel
- A reminder that not all criticism is bad
- What to say when someone gives you feedback in the form of constructive criticism
- A reminder to stay calm when someone criticizes you, even if you feel sad or upset
- Why it can be important to listen to criticism
Like all social stories I write, full color photographs of real children are used instead of clipart. In my experience, full color photos are more relatable to autistic children, like my son, than clipart. Diverse children are included as much as possible so that every child feels represented. Written scripts are also given where needed to help provide the child with the language they need to be successful in the given social scenario.
**This is a digital product that you can download immediately after purchase.**
*UPGRADE & SAVE!* Get this social story as part of the Conversation Skills Social Story Bundle.