This social story teaches kids about what to do when someone doesn't respond to you when you talk to them and includes:
- A reminder to stay calm if someone doesn't respond right away
- Reasons why the person might not have responded
- Strategies for what to do when someone doesn't respond
- How to get the person's attention first before talking to someone
- A reminder to wait patiently and give someone enough time to respond
- What to say when you've waited patiently and they still haven't responded
Total pages: 12 pages
Like all social stories I write, full color photographs of real children are used instead of clipart. In my experience, full color photos are more relatable to autistic children, like my son, than clipart. Diverse children are included as much as possible so that every child feels represented. Written scripts are also given where needed to help provide the child with the language they need to be successful in the given social scenario.
**This is a digital product that you can download immediately after purchase.**
*UPGRADE & SAVE!* Get this social story as part of the Conversation Skills Social Story Bundle.