This social story teaches kids about anger and includes:
- A definition of anger
- A reminder that it's okay to feel angry
- Reasons why you might get angry or mad
- How your body feels when you are angry
- Things you might do when you feel angry
- A reminder not to hurt anyone or anything
- How to name your emotion
- Suggestions for managing and coping with anger
- A space for you to write down your favorite strategies to use for coping with anger
Total pages: 12 pages
Like all social stories I write, full color photographs of real children are used instead of clipart. In my experience, full color photos are more relatable to autistic children, like my son, than clipart. Diverse children are included as much as possible so that every child feels represented. Written scripts are also given where needed to help provide the child with the language they need to be successful in the given social scenario.
**This is a digital product that you can download immediately after purchase.**
Reading the 'Angry" story provided a context for talking about angry feelings with my client. We talked about what makes her feel angry, how to calm down and how to express anger in a manner that does not involve property destruction or harming a family member. So far, it's working!