This social story teaches kids about telling jokes and includes:
- Why people tell jokes
- What to do at the end of a joke
- Why sometimes we shouldn't laugh at the end of jokes
- What to do and say when someone says a joke that is mean or rude
- What happens if you tell a joke that is gross, hurtful, or rude
- What to say when you don't like the joke
- What to say when you don't understand the joke
- How knock, knock jokes work
- What to say when you really like the joke
Like all social stories I write, full color photographs of real children are used instead of clipart. In my experience, full color photos are more relatable to autistic children, like my son, than clipart. Diverse children are included as much as possible so that every child feels represented. Written scripts are also given where needed to help provide the child with the language they need to be successful in the given social scenario.
**This is a digital product that you can download immediately after purchase.**
*UPGRADE & SAVE!* Get this social story as part of the Conversation Skills Social Story Bundle.