This social story teaches kids about how to apologize and say sorry and includes:
- A reminder that everyone makes mistakes and that we need to apologize when your mistakes hurt someone or something else
- A reminder that hurting others can make you feel sad or upset
- Why it's important to apologize and say sorry
- What to say when apologizing
- An example of how to give a good apology
- Other times you might need to say sorry (e.g., a friend's dog dies)
- How to position your body when apologizing
Like all social stories I write, full color photographs of real children are used instead of clipart. In my experience, full color photos are more relatable to autistic children, like my son, than clipart. Diverse children are included as much as possible so that every child feels represented. Written scripts are also given where needed to help provide the child with the language they need to be successful in the given social scenario.
**This is a digital product that you can download immediately after purchase.**
*UPGRADE & SAVE!* Get this social story as part of the Conversation Skills Social Story Bundle.