This social story teaches kids about how to say goodbye and includes:
- A reminder that it's polite to say goodbye to your friends
- Why we say goodbye
- How to say goodbye
- Alternative phrases we can say instead of "goodbye"
- Alternative ways to say goodbye to someone
- Reminders about body contact, voice volume, etc. when saying goodbye
- A reminder that it's okay to feel sad or upset if your friend has to say goodbye and leave before you do
Total pages: 11 pages
Like all social stories I write, full color photographs of real children are used instead of clipart. In my experience, full color photos are more relatable to autistic children, like my son, than clipart. Diverse children are included as much as possible so that every child feels represented. Written scripts are also given where needed to help provide the child with the language they need to be successful in the given social scenario.
**This is a digital product that you can download immediately after purchase.**
*UPGRADE & SAVE!* Get this social story as part of the Conversation Skills Social Story Bundle.
simple and easy to follow!
I used this with my daughter and she's been doing so much better!