This social story teaches kids about interrupting others and includes:
- A reminder to wait until others are done talking before you start talking to them
- A definition of interrupting
- Why interrupting isn't okay most of the time
- How others might feel when you interrupt them
- A reminder that sometimes it's okay to interrupt (e.g., in an emergency situation)
- What to say when you need to interrupt someone who is talking
Like all social stories I write, full color photographs of real children are used instead of clipart. In my experience, full color photos are more relatable to autistic children, like my son, than clipart. Diverse children are included as much as possible so that every child feels represented. Written scripts are also given where needed to help provide the child with the language they need to be successful in the given social scenario.
**This is a digital product that you can download immediately after purchase.**
*UPGRADE & SAVE!* Get this social story as part of the Conversation Skills Social Story Bundle.
This resource was used as a whole group lesson on a 2nd grade class that was having trouble with interrupting.
This is a great resource and I was able to use it with a pupil over zoom.