This social story teaches kids about emotions and includes:
- A definition of emotions
- A reminder that you can have a wide variety of emotions
- A reminder that some emotions can look and feel the same, but have different names to describe them
- A reminder that your emotions can change quite often
- A reminder that all emotions are valid and that there are no "good" or "bad" emotions
- A reminder not to hurt anyone or anything when dealing with big emotions
- Written script for how to name your emotions
- Spaces for you to write down your favorite strategies for different emotions
Total pages: 14 pages
Like all social stories I write, full color photographs of real children are used instead of clipart. In my experience, full color photos are more relatable to autistic children, like my son, than clipart. Diverse children are included as much as possible so that every child feels represented. Written scripts are also given where needed to help provide the child with the language they need to be successful in the given social scenario.
**This is a digital product that you can download immediately after purchase.**
Very well written social story! So very useful and helped target some of my students' IEP goals!