This social story teaches kids about giving and receiving compliments and includes:
- A definition of what a compliment is
- Reasons why you might give someone a compliment
- A reminder that you don't want to give out compliments all the time and why
- When you can compliment someone with lots of different examples
- How to respond when someone gives you a compliment
- What you can compliment
- What to say when giving a compliment
- A reminder that compliments can make you and others feel good
Like all social stories I write, full color photographs of real children are used instead of clipart. In my experience, full color photos are more relatable to autistic children, like my son, than clipart. Diverse children are included as much as possible so that every child feels represented. Written scripts are also given where needed to help provide the child with the language they need to be successful in the given social scenario.
**This is a digital product that you can download immediately after purchase.**
*UPGRADE & SAVE!* Get this social story as part of the Conversation Skills Social Story Bundle.
Based on 3 reviews
This is a wonderful resource!
Great pictures, great story.