This social story teaches kids about sensory overload. An editable Google Slides version is included so you can customize the story to fit your needs. This story covers:
- An overview of what it is like to be overwhelmed
- A definition of what sensory overload is
- How your body might when you're experiencing sensory overload
- What you might do when you're experiencing sensory overload (e.g., yell or run away)
- How you might feel when you're experiencing sensory overload
- A reminder that sensory overload isn't your fault
- Strategies you can try when you're experiencing sensory overload
- An example script of what you can say when you need a break
- A reminder that it's important to rest as a way to recover from sensory overload
Total pages: 15 pages
Like all social stories I write, full color photographs of real children are used instead of clipart. In my experience, full color photos are more relatable to autistic children, like my son, than clipart. Diverse children are included as much as possible so that every child feels represented.
**This is a digital product that you can download immediately after purchase.**
This is a great social story that was very helpful for some students in a special education classroom. Thank you!