This social story teaches kids about personal space and includes:
- A description of what personal space is
- How everyone's personal space bubble is different
- How it feels when people are too close in your personal space
- What to say when someone is standing too close to you
- Cues to look for to know if you are standing too close to someone
- What happens if you stand too far away
- How to maintain good personal space
- A description of the one arm length rule for personal space
Like all social stories I write, full color photographs of real children are used instead of clipart. In my experience, full color photos are more relatable to autistic children, like my son, than clipart. Diverse children are included as much as possible so that every child feels represented. Written scripts are also given where needed to help provide the child with the language they need to be successful in the given social scenario.
**This is a digital product that you can download immediately after purchase.**
*UPGRADE & SAVE!* Get this social story as part of the Conversation Skills Social Story Bundle.